It was a pleasure to be able to discuss the policing practice of Stop-and-Search (UK) and Stop-and-Frisk (U.S.) with Margie Crowe, Assistant Professor & DEI Consultant, Dr.Brackney, Chief of police at Charlottesville Virgina and Chief Mannino, Chief of police at Park Forest, Illinois.
This layered discussion explores:
- What is Stop-and-Search/Stop-and-Frisk?
- What is a Terry Stop?
- Why is there a disproportionately higher number of black and brown people stopped-and-searched/frisked than white people?
- Is it “legal” racial profiling?
- Police cultural reform and how they are talking the issue of over policing
- The importance of amplifying community leaders and voices are making change within their sphere of influence